Sunday 23 January 2011

Day 9 - A photo I took.

I'm no photographer. I don't have an amazing SLR camera, or any mad photoshop skills, but I do have a lucky habit of buying phones with decent camera functions, and a knack of coming across wonderful scenery in city centres. So I have 4 photos for you. My favourite, taken with my phone, happened to be taken just as my friend gestured with her hand. The effect made me laugh, especially as she looks so surly. I love how relaxed and skater she looks, despite the fact we were all furiously revising for a GCSE Physics exam.

The second and third photos were taken in the city of Brussels, one of my favourite cities in Europe, possibly the world. It is the kind of city that every now and then, in the odd alley you'll come across a masterpiece of art that, despite the modern art love of graffiti, could never be called such. The home of Hergé (creator of Tintin and The Smurfs) it is no surprise that the residents are allowed to expose the artistic nature of the city on public and private buildings alike. The first was taken after getting off a tram and the second, was on the way back from the Mannekin Pis.

The fourth picture, which I've just decided to add, is of the Mannekin Pis itself, because it is the funniest fountain statue I've ever seen. Apparently it is usual for a historical society or a museum to dress up the statue in traditional dress. You'll see.


Photo 1 - Before we knew what emo was






Photo 2 - The World Behind the Stone Facade




Photo 3 - On the painted cobbled streets of Brussels



Picture 4 - Yes, the little boy-statue really is peeing into a water fountain






happy photographing,

student_gourmand

PS on the subject of Brussels, it was there that I first ate frogs' legs, at a Thai restaurant in a yellow curry. As much as I hate saying this, yes it tasted a little like chicken. But it had its own distinctive flavour, was slightly chewier and much lighter. It was delicious! Luckily, I still remember where the restaurant was, though not the name, so I will definitely be returning there if I ever visit Brussels again.

No comments:

Post a Comment