Monday 24 January 2011

Day 10 - A photo of me taken (not quite) 10 years ago

I don't think I had a camera 10 years ago; my mum is not the sentimental, picture-taking type; and any pictures from back then are probably either in an album somewhere at my Grandma's house, or they've all been burnt. However, I do have couple of a picture of myself and my Daddy, when I was probably 12, so 8 years ago. It's the best I can do. But these would have joined the burning, as I'm in that awkward, embarassing puberty phase. Sigh. I can only be grateful that I'm no longer a teenager.

The first was taken at the airport in the Bahamas on our way to Atlantis Resort in Nassau, where I, unfortunately, wasn't staying but went to a New Year's Eve Party. The second was taken at the hotel. I was actually in Jamaica for Christmas, but my Dad decided we should take an impromptu trip to visit my Godfather. One of my better New Years celebrations I must admit. Sure there were mainly only old people (middle age, but to a preteen everyone is old), but I learnt how to do the Electric Slide and the Hustle.





happy holidays (you can tell I can't wait til Easter holidays, or Spring Break for the Yanks),

student_gourmand
PS Since no post is complete without a food mention. Carnival food is the best type of food, and I was lucky enough to go to a Junkanoo while I was there. Even though it rained hard near the end, it was still an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment