Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 11 - A recent photo of me.

So I went to London the summer before last as a goodbye trip with one of my best friends, Tanya. We got a deal to get oour hair and makeup done and go to a photoshoot. Sounds dodgy, but Tan's a good planner and had it all checked out. There were some awesome shots taken, and this was the day I was truly converted to GHD straighteners. Not that I can afford them. I don't think I've changed much since I was a kid - I had my growth spurt early, I guess.



The dress was an Easter present from my Grandad. BCBG, one of my favourite designer brands, (as though I have the money to buy any), was first introduced to me by my fashionista Aunt as a present in the form of a summer dress. I'm very grateful to my Aunt and Grandad for hooking me up with these designer dresses. Maybe I owe my Aunt more thanks than she lets on, because I love my Grandad, but he's a man, and he was half-blind the last time I saw him. I think he had some help.

Anyway the trip was a success, and they managed to make a bit of money from me buying some portraits, the dress up part was fun and free otherwise. I would have been content just dressing up but these pics were too good. And before we dashed off to catch our train home, we managed to grab a bite at a tiny Chinese restaurant near the Station. I think I ordered Singapore Fried Rice. It was yummy and cheap, so I was double happy.

happy posting,

student_gourmand

P.S. BCBG is a French acronym "Bon chic, bon genre" which means, "Good style, good class" or as my teacher once put it "preppy." All those years of French put to good use :p

No comments:

Post a Comment