Sunday 15 June 2014

Food Ideas from Rachel Khoo

Sunday morning watching Rachel Khoo, and I love her idea for Goats cheese Cigars. I love goats cheese, unfortunately I need to either find new friends to serve this to, or discover a substitution, because my friends hate it.

1 quartered sheet of filo pastry, brushed with melted butter. Place thyme along one end and fold over. At the other end of the pastry put goats cheese, and further into the sheet dizzle a line of honey. Fold over towards the thyme end. Brush the top of the cigar with butter. I may tweak to add some pepper or more thyme. I bet lemon thyme would work great with this.

Interesting twist is to serve over a radish, cucumber and green melon salad. The melon apparently inspired by the use of green papaya in Vietnamese salads I think. I love papaya so may try it with that instead as I'm not a big melon fan. Red wine vinegar and olive oil to finish.

Seems like a perfect summer starter. Writing it here so I won't forget it, since my cookbook is in another city at the moment, last used by my mum for my steamed butter chicken recipe which I've yet to post about. 

Happy cooking.

Student_gourmande

No comments:

Post a Comment